Dear 100 Hour Board,
New writers? Introduce yourselves!
Thank you for asking this question! I'm so excited to write for the board; when I saw this question in the inbox I silently freaked out cause I am actually going to introduce myself on the board! Anyways, since you asked, I will now introduce myself. There are 10 things you need to know.
- My 'nym comes from a small Irish town which is mentioned in the Popular World War I song "It's a Long Way to Tipperary." This song was my jam in High School. When Vienna started writing for the board I thought "that's cool to have a city/song for a 'nym". So I decided that if I ever became a writer I would don the 'nym of Tipperary
- I was introduced to the board back in 2014 by my cousin, who happens to be the fabulous writer Auto Surf. The board became an addiction, and I have asked 88 questions to the board since I began reading in 2014. Most of them are under the same psuedoname.
- When I listen to music I pretty much always lip sync along and move to the music. I like to listen to jazz, classical, pop, country, and electronic, but 95% of the time I just listen to Hamilton or Taylor Swift.
- I am a huge sports fan. Football is my favorite, but I also can get behind basketball, soccer, volleyball, and all the Olympic sports. Go BYU!
- The reason I like soccer is because I served a mission in South America. I love the language, the culture, the food, and even the sports of South America.
- I have a mean sweet tooth. I love baking, but I have to share everything I make or I end up eating a half pan of brownies in a single sitting.
- I am a mechanical engineering student here at BYU. I really enjoy making things, and learning how they work. I also enjoy all things science related because science is just so cool.
- Even though I'm a STEM guy, in my heart of hearts I totally wish I was a studio art major with an art history minor. Sadly I lack (any) artistic talent and patience necessary to pull it off.
- I am an ENFP for those into pop-psychology. According to this chart it means that if I were a Disney Princess I would be Rapunzel (But I'm not a princess. I'm also a man, but the chart for Disney princes is lame).
- My weaknesses include doors, directions, organization, and grammar (sorry editors, I'm trying!).
Dear Mini New Hampshire,
*waves* Hi! I'm your typical BYU political science student who is obsessed with the American founding and Alexander Hamilton. My favorite day is March 25th, I've bushwhacked to the top of Y mountain, and I'm fiscally irresponsible when it comes to buying books. I also love researching LDS history and doctrine - my current project is polygamy in the early Church. So if you've ever had any questions about that or any other topic, I'd love to talk to you! Shoot me an email at email@example.com.
Have an utterly fantastic day!
-guppy of doom
Dear Museum of Natural History,
My name is Mitty. I am a civil engineering student here at BYU, continuously fighting the good fight against too much homework. After way too much time here at college, I would daresay that I know campus like the back of my hand. I love discussing sports (especially the beginning of BYU football season, before the pain begins), movies, politics, and spending time at home with Ms. Mitty and the Mitty Kitty. Feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an awesome day!