Dear 100 Hour Board,
1) What you were most passionate about a year ago?
2) What are you most passionate about now?
3) Why is it different or why is it still the same?
- I was the most passionate about getting over a break-up. It was an experience that I'm still learning from.
- My chosen career path, as well as finding what my passions are in life.
- It's different because it's been a year. I've moved on with my life, and I found things that I can really enjoy about life, even without a significant other.
1) Halloween or my then-fiancée (it's a toss-up).
2) Have I mentioned that I made a tiny person and he's coming next month? I think maybe I've mentioned it.
3) Just look at that face.
1) Comic books
2) Comic books
3) Because I never really grew up
1) Taking over the world.
2) Taking over the world and renaming it Concordia.
3) Why limit myself?
Dear Lone Ranger,
A year ago I was passionate about frantically trying to cut myself loose from the many things I'd committed myself to doing in order to hopefully be able to catch up on school and pull out of my academic nosedive. Alas, the plan was enacted too late and life for the rest of the semester does not elicit positive memories.
I'm still over-committed to things a year later, but this time I'm passionate about trying to keep my mental health good enough to hopefully avoid a repeat of last year. Bleargh.
Why's it so similar? While I'd like to think I've changed radically upon the discovery of my little personal epiphanies, I think lasting character change is probably more gradual than I think it is. And that's OK.